Quantum teleportation, FTL, and causality; was Re: Cat 5 extended run?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Fri Mar 15 10:49:24 MDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Barry Roberts <blr at robertsr.us> wrote:
> I agree, and it does go both ways.  Religious zealots staying out of
> science is about as likely as science zealots (like Richard Dawkins)
> staying out of religion, unfortunately.

Heh, I guess you have a point, but your scale is off incredibly to
make the comparison really useful.  "science zealots" like Richard
Dawkins are just a few handful of individuals that attack religion.
Comparing this activity to the institutionalized attacks on science
coming from large, sometimes even huge, organized religions, is not
really a fair comparison.

Also, the nature of the attacks are incredibly different.  Richard
Dawkins makes speeches and writes books about his work in science as
well as his disbelief in religion at all.  Organized religions are
attacking science in organized ways: preventing children from being
taught evolution, preventing people from saving themselves from AIDS,
etc.