Quantum teleportation, FTL, and causality; was Re: Cat 5 extended run?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Fri Mar 15 10:04:26 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Religion and Science are methods of seeking answers to different questions.
> One cannot correctly substitute for the other.

I hate to disagree with you, but you are wrong.  I wish you were right
though.  Many religions often answer the question HOW, and deem any
conflicting answers as heretical.  Over the centuries hundreds, if not
thousands of people have been executed and/or tortured because they
had a different answer for a HOW question.  Gallileo ring a bell?
Even to this day many religions insist that the Earth is only 6,000
years old.  Catholics specifically doom thousands to death by actively
prohibiting contraception, even is areas of high risk for AIDS.

I truly wish religion would focus on the questions of WHY and stay out
of the questions of HOW.  I believe many lives would be saved, and we
would be able to move forward in science and technology even faster.