Powerline Ethernet adapters & UPS?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 00:51:05 MDT 2013

*That's good information, thanks. Now, does that include the ability to
join a WPA2 network? For security I had thought of the idea of having the
AP not only using WPA2 personal but also not broadcasting the SSID. I can
easily enough configure an individual client for the correct SSID and give
it the correct password. This way not only am I more protected from people
trying to hack my Wi-Fi password (which, while admittedly harder than with
WEP is still entirely possible with WPA2) but they first would have to know
the actual SSID to try and join and that won't be listed in a scan from
something like airfart or anything.*

* *

*I wouldn't want to do it on a WRT54GL though, simply because that's an
802.11g router. Does anyone know of a good 11n or draft-11ac router that
supports OpenWrt/DDWrt? Considering 11g only supports a theoretical 54Mbps,
and that the usual transfer rate is about 1/4 of the theoretical max, I'd
like to stick with something that will allow me to wirelessly push more
than 12Mbps or so. 11n's speeds of approx 150Mbps still means around 32+
Mbps real world, and the 11ac standard, while not offically ratified last I
heard, is even faster. So what I'd likely do is buy two of them, flash
both, and use one as the actual AP and one as a bridge.*

* *

*Thanks guys!*

* *

*--- Dan*