Powerline Ethernet adapters & UPS?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:53:14 MDT 2013

On 03/13/2013 01:43 AM, Dan Egli wrote:
> Hmmm.... Hadn't thought of a bridge. That may work. I'll have to look into
> that.
>
> Any recommendations as to a good bridge and a good wireless AP? If I'm
> going to use a wireless AP I'd prefer one I can flash with the OpenWRT
> firmware. I understand that's basically Linux for the AP? I'm trying to

Most APs that support OpenWrt or DDwrt can be turned into bridges.  You
just change the wireless mode to join/client mode and have it connect to
your SSID.  Then you need to change the router's IP address to something
other than the default (otherwise you'll not be able to reach it later),
and then disable DHCP.  Now it's a bridge.

I've done this on old linksys Wrt54GLs many times and I know you can do
it on others.