Can someone identify Dan Egli's mail agent so I can avoid it forever?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 01:42:32 MDT 2013

*Unless you get stuck working out here in the Bayous of Louisanna for this
branch of the federal government then you don't have to worry about it. I
don't even know what the program is called, They simply call it "mail" on
this computer. I still think though that the stars are not being inserted
by the mail program but by their mail server. Unfortunatly the guys who
setup this office were so paranoid that I can't connect directly to GMail
at all. I'd even use the web interface if it was possible for me to do so.*

* *

*And FYI, _I_ do the quoting. The program is little more than a text editor
that considers each incoming and outgoing mail a separate file. It shoves
in the to: stuff and what not, but doesn't do anything else. I hate it, but
until the contract I signed ends (which I hope will be soon. The stupid
contract is so tightly worded I'm in big trouble if they don't release me
before I go, so I've requested releasing and am waiting to hear back) it's
quite literally all I can use. I've pointed the problems out to the IT
department here, and the silence on their reply was deafening.*

* *

*--- Dan*