Cat 5 extended run?

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Tue Mar 12 11:59:02 MDT 2013

the problem is that every one of these solutions will not be cheap.

If the cat5 is in conduit, I would pull fiber.  If not, I would scrap the cat5 and look into wireless, either point to point, or a small mesh around the neighborhood.  Companies like aruba networks, etc, are not too pricey. ;)

-Steve