Powerline Ethernet adapters & UPS?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 00:31:48 MDT 2013

*Hey, has anyone ever used PowerLine Ethernet adapters that have been
plugged into UPS modules? I've got three computers that I'm placing in my
new home that PXE boot from a fourth. Wi-Fi won't work since I can't
associate the Wireless NIC with an AccessPoint before the Bios/UEFI tries
to obtain a DHCP address, and I don't want them all in the same room due to
noise/heat concerns. Therefore, Powerline Ethernet seems to be the best
option for me. But I don't believe they work in the event of power loss.
Therefore I'd need a UPS (and I have a couple). But wouldn't the UPS scrub
the network signal from the powerline in the course of it's normal
operation, considering it just powerline noise? How can I (or CAN I?)
maintain a network signal during a blackout/brownout/whatever? I can
combine things as much as possible, but heat and noise really cause a
requirement of two rooms minimum. Say the main workstation in the front
room and the others in an empty bedroom or something? Right now I just use
two empty bedrooms and drag a cable between them, but that won't work in
the new house.*

* *

*Thanks for any help on this!*

*--- Dan*