Raspberry Pi & standard USB Wi-Fi

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:48:42 MDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013 9:20 AM, "Lonnie Olson" <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:

> Arch isn't a source based distro like Gentoo.  It is a lot more
> "hands-on" than others like Fedora and Debian though.  No compiling,
> just more involved.

Well, the core packages for Arch are available as binary packages, but a
lot of things you might want are in a separate source-package-only
repository. And I think you can get binary packages for Gentoo as well, so
they're not terribly different.

For a really customized image, I would recommend cross-compiling with the
Yocto Project tools, because compiling things on a wimpy ARM with a slow
disk is a waste of time.