The difference 1 little change can make.

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 19:44:25 MDT 2013

You know I'm not sure.  I didn't know about powertop, but I'll look into it
now.  On the other hand the way you describe it I think I like the hands
off approach of tlp better.
I had to add a ppa repo and do a little extra work to get tlp but it was
all copy/pasta
My instructions came from here...
http://linuxg.net/tlp-the-new-jupiter-install-tlp-on-ubuntu-13-04/