Digital Archeaology

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 19:47:23 MDT 2013

So my 5yo daughter somehow managed to find a phone that was missing for
several years.
First generation palm pre.  This thing was an excellent phone probably one
of my favourites ever.  It's the only phone I've ever bought on release
day, because frankly I thought they were that cool. :)

Strangely enough it powered right up and still had 25% battery life on it.
It's been missing for at least 2 years now, so I find the fact that the
battery didn't leak and bleed all over a testament to how well built these
things are.

Comparing it with my current android phone I'm impressed with how
responsive and intuitive the interface is on it.  Things just seem to pop
right up whereas my android phone seems to want to take a minute or two and
think about things before it responds.

Obviously I'm going to backup the photos and misc data on the thing, but
then I want to experiment with it.  I'd like to maybe see if it would run
an android port or something else open source, last I checked webos was a
dead platform.  Does anyone have any other ideas on how it might be put to
use?  I'm open to suggestions,

Thanks!