Defining Libertarianism (was Defining Terrorism)

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 07:26:46 MDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > state sponsor of terrorism in the same vein as Cuba, North Korea & Iran,
> > which are all called as such by our own government.
>
> Called as such - but is that a fair appraisal?  I really don't think
> it is.  The word "terrorist" gets slapped on anything we don't like
> these days.  Just because a politician slaps that label on a country
> they don't like doesn't make it true or correct.

Depends on your definition of true and correct.  A label slapped on by a
random politician, sure fine whatever.  However when my Iranian friend
running his restaurant in Panama can't send money home to his family
because the USA has labelled his country a state sponsor of terrorism and
essentially cut his home country's central bank off at the knees, then it
ceases to be a label and becomes an impediment.

The same rules the USA is applying to these countries (and pretty much any
SDN or embargoed country), can be turned around just as easily on us.  The
rules designating Iran, or Cuba or NK when applied to the USA also
designate us as such.  Therefore my conclusion that the US Government is a
state sponsor of terror.  But don't worry the US government is also a major
dealer of drugs
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/30/ron-paul-conspiracy-theory-cia-drug-traffickers_n_1176103.htmland
has also been arming mexican drug lords
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal#2009.E2.80.932011:_Operation_Fast_and_Furiousbut
that's probably a topic for a different day.