Top Commands to Diagnose Performance of Your Linux System

Josh Frome jfrome at
Wed Jun 26 23:27:07 MDT 2013

> I wish it were as easy to diagnose what consumes my IO on Windows. It
seems like everything there runs as a thread in svchost, and > so I get no
transparency into which program is to blame -- backup, AV, etc.

ProcessExplorer ( from the the
SysInternals suite is exactly what you are looking for.  The SysInternals
apps make managing Windows boxes from the command line much less