Defining Libertarianism (was Defining Terrorism)

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:04:05 MDT 2013

It's not philisophical it's political science 101.
The definition of a State is a monopoly on the use of force.  This monopoly
on force is granted to the state by those against whom the force is to be
applied, i.e. the populace.
This is one reason we say government by consent of the governed.  The only
person who can consent to use of force against you is you.  By
participating in the State that you are in you are granting that State the
right to the use of force to enforce the laws of said state against you
(and the other citizens).  If you don't like the laws of the State that
governs you, you need to take whatever action you feel is necessary to
revoke said monopoly or change the laws to your favor.