Defining Terrorism

Joshua Fenio std3rr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:44:44 MDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Sasha Pachev <sasha at asksasha.com> wrote:

> Are you so sure about that? If you had grown up in a culture that,
> let's say, taught that a child only kind of has a soul until he is one
> so killing him before that is only kind of bad but not too bad, there
> was no popular support for wrecking the shop, and there was a system
> in place that would make sure you got executed for doing so, you would
> need an extraordinary amount of inspiration and courage to see through
> the lie you've been taught and to act on the vision.

I'm not talking about relavistic morality and it's relation to society, I'm
talking about something you are convinced is wrong, tell everyone how wrong
they are for not believing in you and whatever theory you hold, and allow
the offending act to still take place.  I made an analogy out of something
most people in the United States would agree is horrible:  thousands of
four month old babies being murdered en masse.

I don't need your stories about Mother Russia, either, every email message
you concoct has some relation to it.  That's fine that you and your family
were cowed by communism and oppression - I can assure you (and anyone who
knows me would agree) that if I hold a belief strongly, I'm going to do
something about it.  If I _knew_ (not suspected) there were 4 month old
infants being slaughtered in Salt Lake City, I would immediately take
action.  I wouldn't go through courts, I wouldn't petition my congressman -
I'd execute anyone involved in the killing of the children.  You can roll
THOSE quarters and take em to the bank.

If people want to rant and rave about Obama being the Anti-Christ
incarnate, they better be willing to step up over it, or instead confront
the mental health issues that led to that frame of mind.