proxy mirror/cache

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Wed Jun 26 16:30:15 MDT 2013

squid is relatively simple to setup as a transparent cache.  The issues will be to get the traffic to it, either by having the squid box as a transparent firewall/proxy/etc inline to your internet connection, or some form of WCCP, or even have your linux router mark and redirect the packets.

-Steve

one guy's idea for the main linux router redirecting packets:

 http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.cookbook.squid.html