proxy mirror/cache

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:27:37 MDT 2013

Is the website under your control?  If not you could probably do ok
sticking a mirror up and updating the hosts file to point to the mirror.
If it is under your control you could probably set the cache flag and cache
expiration to aggressive and never respectively.  This would help a lot
since intermediary servers would tend to cache it closer to home.  Another
option again if things are under your control is to use a CDN such as
Cloudfront to get the content closer to the end user.