proxy mirror/cache

Wade Shearer wadeshearer.lists at me.com
Wed Jun 26 16:14:20 MDT 2013

I manage internet at a facility where internet speeds are insufficient. Increasing the speeds is not an option. The primary issue is streaming video. Most of the video is played from a single website. So, I'm looking into the possibility of setting up some sort of proxy that mirrors the content internally. I'd like it to be seamless so that when the files are requested, the user is oblivious to the fact that they are getting a local, cached version. The video changes infrequently so it could have a long expiration date.

What would it take to make something like this work?