Defining Terrorism

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:14:00 MDT 2013

I don't want to sound like a terrorism expert, but I know a little about
terrorism first hand ..

I spent some time in Ireland during some of the formative IRA years.  I
feel I have a small understanding of what Terrorism is.  Any lurkers who
spent time in South Africa, or even North Africa who may shed more
enlightenment on this subject please chime in.   Drive by shootings, fire
bombings of churches, homes and cars occupied and unoccupied.  I've walked
through streets filled with burnt down homes and angry mobs throwing
molotov cocktails at each other, with cars and gas tanker trucks on fire,
smoke so thick from burning homes that you can't see the sky ..

>From my experience - What I can tell you is that terrorism is a word used
by a force regime, media outlet, or governmental faction to create a
sympathetic ear towards a specific agenda by utilizing gratuitous violence
as a means to sway public opinion.   This happens all throughout history
where "the means justify the ends" .. So what a few lives are lost to drive
home a point about liberty? - whether it be a faction believes we have too
much, or too little.

It's quite depressing - hearing gunshots, women wailing over their children
being in the wrong place at the wrong time, pools of blood in city parks -
Masked gunmen killing people with AK-47's in a country where incidentally
guns are completely ILLEGAL ..

Or perhaps terrorism is only terrorism if you look at it from one point of
view?  Depending on how you "spin" it - The other side of terrorism is
"self defense and sovereignty."  Just like the IRA were defending their
right and liberty to have the republic of Ireland as a sovereign nation to
secede from England .. sound familiar?

War is just one big giant act of terrorism and all you honest veterans know
it.  It's like brutalizing your neighbor in the middle of the night, then
turning around and selling them an alarm system, cameras and guns in the
name of safety.  It's all racketeering ..

At least the IRA had the decency to "call in" their bomb threats ... Often
the police and military did nothing and innocent lives were lost.  Sound
familiar?

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:

> On 06/25/2013 06:25 PM, Joshua Fenio wrote:
>

>> You know, I can forgive you for being mind-numbingly dumb, but what I
>> can't
>> forgive is this: if you believe the government has been taken over by
>> secret Muslims and that America is murdering service members and
>> diplomats,
>> why aren't you attacking the Capitol right now?  Why aren't you rebelling?
>>   Where's your militia at?  You're either dumb but have some subconscious
>> realization that you're wrong, or you're a coward.  A big coward.
>>

>     I want to go the opposite direction with this. Keep praying. You
> arguments are identical to Timothy McVeigh's and Terry Nicohls. Keep in
> mind they are now in a federal penitentiary and will not be leaving.  They
> too thought the government had been taken over by people bent on
> prosecuting Christians.  They had plenty of evidence: Ruby Ridge, Waco.
>  The federal government was launching assaults on "Christian" sects.  The
> prophesies  were being fulfilled.  All of this had been explained to them
> by the gun merchants at the gun conventions that they assisted with(It's
> been explained to me by an other member of this list).  So they decided
> they needed to act, to strike back at the federal government before it was
> too late.  So they blew up a bunch of little children.  Don't do that.
>  Serious don't do that.  Pray all you want, but don't blow up anyone
> especially little children(some of the people on this list have mocked me
> for thinking about those little children, but I continue to think about
> them frequently).
>
>     In the end they learned that most Americans were O.K. with the federal
> government shooting and killing a child molester, and you'll find most of
> us our O.K. with people being told "jokes" about shooting people aren't
> funny, and that a few people being mistakenly arrested and then paid for it
> isn't going to bother most people either.  You really should read other
> sources on that story about people being arrested for proselytizing there's
> much more to it(multiple groups some of who were acting illegally and the
> cops relying on witness testimony for who that included, the cops made a
> mistake but they didn't intentionally arrest people for proselytizing).  So
> calm down take a deep breath.  Keep praying and asking for guidance for
> your family, and above all don't kill anyone.
>
> Kyle

-- Matthew Frederico