Defining Libertarianism (was Defining Terrorism)

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Wed Jun 26 10:57:58 MDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Jessie A. Morris
<jessie at jessieamorris.com> wrote:
> The other answer I can give you is, "I have no clue what things will be like,
> but the market will provide a way."

I really like a lot of these ideas.  I think we should mix a lot of
them into our existing system to make for a more balanced approach.

However, I still disagree that a 100% non-regulated socioeconomic
system would last long in this large interconnected world.  There will
always be economic disparity between people.  This disparity increases
over time, basic economics.  Those that can produce a surplus have the
ability to produce more, and this effect snowballs.  As the disparity
increases, two classes emerge, those that control the mode of
production, and those that perform the labor.  This creates a power
imbalance.  Left unregulated leads to abuse of power until a crisis
point is reached and the people revolt.  This is not the kind of
society I want to be a part of, moving from one oppressive regime to
another.  It's not legitimate force by a Gov't, it's illegitimate
force by those in control of the mode of production, but still force
all the same.  I would rather have those in power subject to the
people.

I totally agree that the current state of our society is riddled with
problems.  Voter turnout as you mentioned is a huge example of one of
them.  However, in my opinion, the basic structure of our government
is the best one i've seen that I believe will last the longest and
remain the most stable in the long term.