Most Used Commands

Joseph Hall perlhoser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 05:41:27 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> Look at that. Joseph has percentages. You Perl guys are always showing off. ;-)

http://superuser.com/questions/250227/how-do-i-see-what-my-most-used-linux-command-are

Google makes it easy to show off, but that wasn't actually my
intent... I'm just too lazy to strip the percentages.

> Incidentally, on the new box salt is in the top three (so far). I've increased
> the bash history to 30,000 entries. I look forward to seeing what I collect
> over the next few years.

Speaking of which, my salt-master does have some different commands on it:

Unprivileged
     1	279  55.8%  git
     2	99   19.8%  sudo
     3	43   8.6%   cd
     4	18   3.6%   ll
     5	16   3.2%   vim
     6	14   2.8%   top
     7	11   2.2%   grep
     8	3    0.6%   screen
     9	3    0.6%   cp
    10	2    0.4%   rm

Root
     1	180  36%    salt-cloud
     2	53   10.6%  ll
     3	51   10.2%  salt
     4	38   7.6%   screen
     5	36   7.2%   vim
     6	26   5.2%   cd
     7	16   3.2%   curl
     8	15   3%     salt-call
     9	6    1.2%   salt-run
    10	6    1.2%   cat

--
"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,