Defining Terrorism

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 20:12:17 MDT 2013

Steve's rule of conspiracy theories.
Conspiracies cannot last for long, because the only way two people can keep
a secret is if one of them is dead.

There are no conspiracies.  Even the NSA spying thing has less to do with
conspiracy and more to do with what happens when people want someone to
protect them from their fears rather than make them face it.  The folks
that work in the NSA are some of the best and the brightest in the field of
crypto.  Have you ever actually met a crypto geek?  I mean seriously, the
reason most folks get into this field is because they suffer from aspergers
or are borderline autistic (yes I'm looking in the mirror as I type this).
These guys honestly believe they are protecting you and the rest of the
free world.  They are being fed the same line of crap they fed me in the
Navy before I started reviewing who was actually calling the shots (the
contractors) and realized I was fighting a BS war to secure oil resources
and work contracts for a billion dollar oil company.  9/11 wasn't a
conspiracy, but it was a great excuse.

Here's how this works.  A business gets large enough it can start getting
government contracts.  It hires people who formerly worked for the
government to ensure that they get these contracts.  These employees
actually rotate in and out between government and private sector.  In some
cases these same government employees will "moonlight" as consultants with
the bidding companies while they are still technically working for the .gov
this assures further contracts are awarded.

At the same time, these companies start making major political
connections.  They craft bills that directly benefit themselves and don't
worry about what the fallout may be.  Again this isn't conspiracy, it's
just business.  Once something becomes law someone has to implement it.
This is of course farmed out to the best bidder, not always the lowest
cost.  Usually that best bidder is the same company that sponsored the bill
in the first place.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said that if I were in a
position of power I'd bring the whole lot of them up on conspiracy,
corruption and terrorism charges.

So next time you're curious as to why something went down, an uprising, an
assassination, a leak etc, just follow the money.

Also one question I have is this, why is Booz Allen STILL being allowed to
contract with the government especially in the intelligence community?  For
that matter why is anyone letting any employee of this company within
1000ft of a computer or electronic device?

My understanding is that Snowden wasn't NSA he was employed by Booz Allen,
and it wasn't too long ago they suffered a major data breach that aired
their laundry all over.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43732988/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/booz-allen-confirms-data-breach/