Defining Terrorism

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 19:06:24 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Let's do an experiment.  We'll both cut our arms open and rub manure
into the wounds.  You pray about it, I'll go to the doctor for a round
of antibiotics and to have the wound cleaned and dressed.

Or we can try this: have an inept, clueless Mormon run for president
against a slick, popular incumbent.  Every Christian in the nation can
pray fervently for the Mormon to win... oh wait we just did that last
election.  We already know how this goes, it's not a good example...

How about this instead.  Next election in my city, you get a prayer
group together for your candidate.  Pray for him night and day.
Meanwhile I'll organize a campaign for a different candidate.  Raise
funds, do flyers, all that jazz - whatever it is that campaign
managers do.  You pray, I'll work.  We'll see whose candidate gets
more votes.

Or we could skip all that nonsense and you could realize that praying
is literally the least you can do in any case.  You are literally
doing nothing more than thinking - or in some cases speaking to
yourself.  If there is something a person can do that is less than
that (while still being something) I'd like to hear what it is.

-Dan