Defining Terrorism

Joshua Fenio std3rr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:50:25 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think more can be accomplished by :
>
> 2 Chronicles 7:14 New International Version (NIV)
>
> if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray
> and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from
> heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
>
> Jesus has the power.

Ah yes!  Praying!  You're quite the freedom fighter.  I mean, Horatio Gates
stopped the British at the Battle of Saratoga with the power of prayer.
 Paul Revere organized the communication to Charleston and Lexington about
the British invading by communing with God.  I'm sure the Founders would
readily admit that action isn't needed when you believe you're being
oppressed and are forced to stop those who are abusing power - all you have
to do is pray.

What a lazy and cowardly interpretation of the Bible.  Do you really think
God doesn't want you to take action - he's going to take care of it for
you?  That's pathetic - and it should be offensive to any Christian capable
of critical thinking.

> Answer me this:  What do you think happened in Benghazi?

What do I think happened at Benghazi?  I'm not going to presume to assert
that I know everything that happened at Benghazi - but I can tell you that
there was probably a breakdown in communications, and that there weren't
any refueling tankers at Aviano to support a C-130 mission - and even if
there was, I have serious doubts C-130 air support would do anything but
more harm in an attack like Benghazi.

See, unlike you, I don't need to take every tragedy that happens and fit it
into some global conspiracy theory that I prescribe to.  I don't make the
facts fit my already held beliefs - they inform my beliefs and allow them
to evolve.

Josh