Most Used Commands

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Tue Jun 25 17:57:43 MDT 2013

Great idea!

I was looking at mine and realized that it is dominated by whichever project I am currently working on. So I checked a backup file from during my last project.

Right now it is a lot of hg, virtualenv, python3, sofffice, freeseer, mplayer, and xpdf.

Previously there was a lot of git, drush, and sudo service.

Excluding those, but including sudo commands:
207 ls
143 vim
133 cd
48 aptitude
35 mv
30 rm
18 cp
15 grep
9 ssh
8 mkdir

As root:
178 aptitude
178 ls
126 cd
52 mount
48 dpkg
47 vim
35 rm
30 iptables
22 nmap
22 ifconfig

I'm not sure how far back these files go.

Richard