Defining Terrorism

keith smith klsmith2020 at
Tue Jun 25 16:03:10 MDT 2013

It was not a threat.  It was not something I would condone, however it was not a threat.  Who is the victim?

Keith Smith

--- On Tue, 6/25/13, Jessie A. Morris <jessie at> wrote:

From: Jessie A. Morris <jessie at>
Subject: Re: Defining Terrorism
To: plug at
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 3:01 PM

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 17:57:28 Daniel C. wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at> wrote:
> > Sorry, but you do not have a civil right to suggest that people who belong
> > to a different religion should be shot.
> Well, actually, we do have that civil right.  But if you're an elected
> official and you say something like that (joking or not) you can
> expect that some other elected officials are going to have something
> to say about it.  Also, you probably won't get re-elected.  I, at
> least, wouldn't vote for him or her.
> -Dan

Ehhhhh.... I'm not so sure that you do have that right. Threatening to use
violence against someone is just as bad as actually using it. Making death
threats to my Senator is treated about as seriously as making an assassination

There's a difference between "I hate X" and "I am going to kill all X".

Jessie A. Morris
jessie at

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.