Defining Terrorism

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Tue Jun 25 16:01:17 MDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 17:57:28 Daniel C. wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
> > Sorry, but you do not have a civil right to suggest that people who belong
> > to a different religion should be shot.
>
> Well, actually, we do have that civil right.  But if you're an elected
> official and you say something like that (joking or not) you can
> expect that some other elected officials are going to have something
> to say about it.  Also, you probably won't get re-elected.  I, at
> least, wouldn't vote for him or her.
>
> -Dan

Ehhhhh.... I'm not so sure that you do have that right. Threatening to use
violence against someone is just as bad as actually using it. Making death
threats to my Senator is treated about as seriously as making an assassination
attempt.

There's a difference between "I hate X" and "I am going to kill all X".

--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526
jessie at jessieamorris.com