Defining Terrorism

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:34:15 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think your answer is good vs. evil.  If the act is used for evil, then it is an act of terrorism.  I think most people would agree with this.

Oh, absolutely.  Everyone wants to be on the side of good.  Osama bin
Laden was so worried about being a good Muslim that he held long, very
serious debates with his top advisors about whether the terrorist acts
they were planning would violate any tenets of Islam.  We know this
because some of these discussions were documented on the hard drives
we recovered from his compound.

So unfortunately I don't think "is what they did good or evil" makes a
very useful measuring stick.

-Dan