Tier I datacenter in the garage?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:19:01 MDT 2013

Yeah don't take that the wrong way.  AWS is a huge cost savings if you have
a system and you're trying to deploy it so it will scale.  I would never
host a datacenter for a client from my garage I put most of them AWS.
However
The problem is when you take things down and forget to shut everything off.
My bill was $500 but there was more than just the 1 RDS instance.
I simply spun things up and shut them down, but without terminating them,
thus releasing the resources and of course stopping the billing.