Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:35:55 MDT 2013

To be fair, the Census is a power enumerated in the constitution.
Knowledge of this information does help with a vital aspect of government
which is the economic planning for the country. Individual census data is
sealed and strictly protected for decades.  I can't say as I would enjoy
it, but just like voting & jury duty, the census is something necessary to
the proper operation of a representative government, therefore it really is
your duty as a citizen to comply with the request/demand.

The extra additional questions may seem a bit intrusive, but they really
are just aggregated, the data isn't going to be used for nefarious
purposes.  Even if you put in something completely different from the IRS &
Census data, for instance you wouldn't get an audit because the IRS isn't
allowed access to that particular set of information.