Tier I datacenter in the garage?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:27:20 MDT 2013

Yeah management isn't a real concern.  They only need to be up while I'm
working on them.  The real problem is that there are many times I'll
provision a resource on AWS as part of a group of things I need.  I then
take down the primary resource but neglect to remove the others.  Example,
I built a webserver and put up an RDS instance to lighten the load on the
webserver.  Took the webserver down after a few days of testing, but forgot
about the RDS instance for a month.  Ended up with a big AWS bill, it
wasn't fun.