$10 Million will buy a Quantum Computer?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 00:33:01 MDT 2013

We live in interesting times and clearly I've fallen a bit behind the curve
here some how because I was reading around a bit and it seems that $10
Million can buy you a Quantum Computer from a company called D-Wave and
this has been out for a few years now.

I've been researching it and the jury seems to still be out on whether it
is a "real" quantum computer or some sort of huge scam.

But let's assume for a second that this baby is real.
This particular models D-Wave 1 & D-Wave 2, both work by a process called
Quantum Annealing to solve optimization problems.

I guess the only 2 questions I have are.
What would one of these be good at doing in layman's terms, i.e. breaking
crypto, solving pathway problems etc?
And of course just to make this on topic for the group...
Does it run Linux?