Anyone willing to do a demo of something cool tonight?

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:59:42 MDT 2013

On 06/19/2013 01:13 PM, Lloyd Brown wrote:

> On 06/19/2013 01:09 PM, Doran L. Barton wrote:
>
> If you have that option.  You don't always, due to security
> restrictions, limited storage (eg. on very small embedded systems), etc.
>

> Lloyd Brown
> Systems Administrator
> Fulton Supercomputing Lab
> Brigham Young University
> http://marylou.byu.edu

     I use both screen and tmux, sometimes I'll nest a screen inside a
tmux at work, I did that all the time working as a Dev. I don't have
that need so much anymore but choosing between the two is impossible for
me, each has features that meet certain needs that the other can't, or
won't satisfy. That said, my life would be a lot more problematic
without one or the other in my life to save me from the wares of network
failures, that moment when you immediately need to do two things and
there's no X cuz you broke something and all you get is a good old BSD
console, compiling 64 and 32 bit packages on Arch Linux and innumerable
other "zOM*G!!!!" moments as well.
     GNU Parallels, this is something new that I must explore. I think
this just may be what I'm looking for in my new position at work as well
as maintaining all the Jails I have on my BSD systems at home.

--
John D Jones III
Perl/Javascript/Systemd Zealot
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com