Home wiring.

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Jun 17 10:39:16 MDT 2013

On 17 Jun 2013, at 07:19, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think improvements like this do not necessarily raise the value of a home.  What I think it will do is make the house more buy-able and therefore will spend less time on the market.
>
> I use wireless in my house so I do not have to deal with running cable.  The mail problem is do you drop your cable to each wall so it is easy to connect or re-connect when you re-orange your furniture?
>
> While WIFI is slower it does the job in my house.  I'm not sure we know we are wireless unless we think about it.

+1 for wireless. I did the wired thing in my home a while back. The speed versus convenience benefit is not significant enough for me to want to continue doing anything other than wireless from now on. My wifi is 802.11g and we stream movies to multiple devices throughout the house without a problem. The only bottleneck is our bandwidth provider (currently CenturyLink).

Jonathan