Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Daniel Fussell dfussell at byu.edu
Tue Jun 11 21:34:28 MDT 2013

On 06/11/2013 09:54 AM, Joshua Marsh wrote:

> In reading about all this, it reminded me of Phil Whindley's Key note at
> OWC. His talk wasn't primarily about security, but more along the lines of
> the need to have your own personal cloud. I love the idea of owning your
> own data, storing it in a place that you alone control, and using your own
> safe guards. Then if the government wanted it, I'd be the person they were
> asking.

More likely they'd just hit you repeatedly with an ugly stick, or an old
wrench.  Then they'd do another ex post facto blanket national security
letter to cover the need to acquire your information without your
consent.  I don't know if the allowed methods of acquisition are
limited, but based on the current organizational behavior, I'm guessing
it's not limited.  One of those "Clear and Present Danger" things.

;-Daniel Fussell