Personal Cloud (was: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Tue Jun 11 10:55:56 MDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:53:12 Lonnie Olson wrote:
> Not really, this idea won't get you much farther.  Sure your data at
> rest is safe from the US, but your data in transit is not.  And guess
> what?  Unless you only use sneakernet, your data has to be in transit
> at some time, and most of the time it will cross the US.

Encryption exists. If you're using the right encryption, it doesn't matter.
Unless you're assuming the NSA has backdoors into all the crypto methods, too,
that is.

And I'm not talking about SSL. SLL is broken due to the Certificate Authority
problems. If the Government has access to Google, Facebooks, etc. data, you
can guarantee that they have coerced Verisign to give them a certificate or
two.
--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526