Personal Cloud (was: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Tue Jun 11 10:51:05 MDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 09:46:19 Nathan England wrote:
> I'm thinking initially we need to find a country that is nuetral and does
> not require ISPs to turn over information. I actually looked into this
> about a year ago and I wanted to put a server in Switzerland. A man at my
> church is from Switzerland and was going to put me in contact with his
> brothers, who still live there, so I could ship a computer to them to put
> in their house. I dropped the ball and never got around to it... boy I
> could be seriously ahead of the game here if I hadn't!!!
>
> Nathan

I think that there's a serious business opportunity for this as well. I've
wanted to go buy a private island, declare sovereignty, and start hosting all
of the Pirate Bays servers.

I guess there is now a less ethically questionable business use as well. Just
host peoples' servers for them and promise to not allow any country access to
your data. If you're a sovereign state, it'd be pretty tough for the US to
force it out of you.

Either that, or the US Navy/Army/Marines/FBI/CIA/etc. would raid your little,
weak, isolated island. I don't see that ending well, even if you do have a
large security force.

--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526