Personal Cloud (was: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Jun 11 10:30:22 MDT 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:22:53 -0400
Nick Barker <nlbarker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since this thing blew up I have been thinking about the personal cloud
> thing as well.  I think it is a good selling point.

NSA Prism: Why I'm boycotting US cloud tech - and you should too

Opinion So, America's National Security Agency has been tapping up US
internet giants to gather information about foreigners online,
allegedly sharing that data with Britain's GCHQ - and gobbling up
details about US citizens' phone calls.

When I was a kid my world was full of pro-America propaganda; I never
once questioned American exceptionalism and I cheered for the "good
guys" in red, white and blue.

Somewhere along the way I became disillusioned with the US, but I'd
always figured that a vague sense of unease and a few ethical qualms
were as far as that disgruntlement would ever go.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/08/what_about_a_us_tech_boycott/