Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Mon Jun 10 21:48:49 MDT 2013

Well, we are technically terribly off-topic, but that is what makes this
list great :-) We can discuss what matters to us. As long as you reference
something that was said in a previous post, you are on topic. The topic has
changed.

So, anti-depressants among Latter-Day Saints. One problem I frequently
observe among the members is trying to live the routine without
understanding the purpose. Usually there is an element of trying to somehow
circumvent the purpose of the routine - something you would naturally
expect when somebody follows his understanding of the instructions when he
fails to understand the principles behind them. This naturally leads to
frustration, overwork, and eventually depression.

Money. Nick - have you considered that the cost of building and running
temples all over the world, or sending thousands of missionaries that
cannot pay their way on missions, or numerous other similar things could
cover the discrepancy in your accounting?

Happiness. The Book of Mormon contains a recipe to happiness. It is there,
I found it.  You can find it as well - do not get frustrated by the amount
of work it takes and give up early. Many people fail to learn how to
program for the same reason.

Deception. Of the numerous agnostic/atheistic philosophers that tried,
Lenin was actually successful in building something around his ideas which
he borrowed and adapted from Marx. He was a very smart man. Of such
philosophers he was perhaps the most successful. Yet what he built fell
apart after 70 years. Lenin wrote volumes and volumes but failed to produce
a tool that equaled in effectiveness to the Book of Mormon, which has a
proven record of over 180 years of being able to convince a man not only to
follow its teachings himself at great sacrifice, but cement it into
posterity for generations. This works in a free society  where people can
read, watch, and listen to whatever they want, and without a secret police
monitoring the ideological reliability of the members and sending those
that are unfaithful to labor camps. It also works in places where the
faithful are persecuted.

For me to believe that Joseph Smith was smarter than Marx and Lenin is
harder than to believe that he learned all this from heavenly beings.
Believing the latter is facilitated by the many specific prayers that have
been answered either exactly how I asked or with something much better than
what I could have thought, and many communications of the Holy Ghost in
which I was directed to the right place at the right time with immaculate
precision. I know there are people that struggle to get what I have gotten.
Thus it is natural for me to assume that I stand somewhere in the middle
and thus to conclude, that there is the other end of the spectrum - people
that actually see heavenly beings. They do not talk about it much because
those experienced are sacred, but we've heard enough to be able to go on
faith from then on.

--
Sasha Pachev

Fast Running Blog.