Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 21:29:10 MDT 2013

Proving and disproving the existence of something is based on awareness.
 If people are unaware of God then to that person God does not exist.  Here
comes the weird part ...  Belief.  We are AWARE that belief exists, belief
in santa, belief in the easter bunny etc .. But we can often get fanatical
about belief and our belief gets skewed into awareness.

For example:
Someone can smoke weed and drop acid and BELIEVE they are having a
religious experience - purely that he is perceiving something that he
attaches to the "divine."  However to another person this experience is
evil because of their beliefs in what the man with the badge told them.

So is it all about perspective and perception?

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Jessie A. Morris
<jessie at jessieamorris.com>wrote:

> On Monday, June 10, 2013 15:20:13 Nathan England wrote:
> >
> > Interesting. I agree with what Charles said, my only concern is the
> > scientist who crafts the experiment to prove his hypothesis in a
> particular
> > situation.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > I believe that if I close my eyes and I cannot see something, then it
> > doesn't exist. I can see and hear my children playing in the background.
> > When I close my eyes I cannot see them, but I can still hear them, so
> they
> > exist still in theory. But if I go to a quite dark room where I can no
> > longer hear my children, when I shut my eyes, do they still exist?
> >
> > Obviously, this is a stupid example, but the point is I can craft an
> > experiment to prove my children do not exist.
>
> More important is not that you can create an experiment to prove your
> hypothesis, but that you can create an experiment that disproves that
> hypothesis. By disproving it in a verifiable way once, all of your "proving
> evidence" has been disproved.
> --
> Jessie A. Morris
> 801-210-1526