Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Mon Jun 10 17:07:21 MDT 2013

>> You may think this train of thought is crazy, but I am speaking from the
>> perspective of someone who actually has lived in a society that has
suffered
>> severe mass deception and who has had to question every value he's been
>> taught from birth to figure out what was wrong and what was right.

> I had the same experience.  I was raised Mormon.

Dan - I am sorry, but I feel obligated to call your bluff here. If all you
can tell me that you were raised Mormon in the United States, then I have
to say this. You do not know what it is like to live in a truly closed
society. You did not have grandparents that went to prison "by mistake".
 Your parents were not afraid to speak to you frankly for fear lest you
might say something at school on accident that would get them a prison
term. You were free to read a newspaper with a different opinion, even a
crazy one. You have no clue what it is like to be brainwashed.

I would also like to say this. I have had to fight for what was given to
you as a gift. I am sorry you have rejected it. But it is not to late to
come back.  I hope you will lay your skepticism aside and reclaim this gift.

--
Sasha Pachev

Fast Running Blog.
http://fastrunningblog.com