Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Mon Jun 10 16:07:12 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 03:13:56 PM Todd Millecam wrote:
> First, let me make my position clear:  Christian, Mormon specifically,
> active practicing, largely believing.

Good for you. I'm not Mormon, but stand up for what you believe!

> Contrast that to ancient times, I don't know what was happening in
> canaan, nor what was so wrong with the Amalekites.  So, I'm left with two
> could see the context with great clarity then it'd make sense to me, or
> believe that the record was tampered with to fit the political whims of
> their day--not that much different from what I see in modern media of my
> own time.

One thing that is interesting, that I only recently learned is that the Amalekites were the
grandsons of Esau. Though Jacob and Esau reconciled when Jacob returned from Laban's, one
of Esau's sons apparently didn't like the fact that uncle Jacob stole the blessings that were
supposed to go to daddy Esau.

Genesis 36:12 says that Esau's son had a child with a concubine (note the polygamous
mention - this was not a wife) and she bare to him Amalek.

The Amalekites went on to be known throughout scripture as the "enemy of the Jews", their
King Agag, was spared by Saul, instead of being killed like the rest of his people, which later
haunted the Jews in the book of Esther as Haman is called an agagite.

So not following God's word to the letter can result in serious consequences later on down the
road!

Nathan