Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Mon Jun 10 15:20:11 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 13:36:52 Nathan England wrote:
> On Monday, June 10, 2013 04:05:04 PM Daniel C. wrote:
> > And how do you justify the evidence that the deity you believe in has
> > ordered numerous unethical acts to be carried out in his/her/its name?
>
> As job said;
>
> Job 1:21 -- the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name
> of the Lord.
>
> First of all, these "unethical acts" must be looked at in light of the
> context. In many cases these "unethical acts" were done as punishment to a
> people who completely rejected God.

Personally, I don't think it's moral to kill, burn, destroy one's livelihood,
etc. regardless of how much they don't believe in me as a deity. If God is
vengeful and wishes for me to suffer because I failed to believe in him, and
only bases his actions on my belief in him and not on my actions, I do not
wish to worship that God.

--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526