Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Mon Jun 10 15:18:08 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Daniel C. <dcrookston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Nathan England <nathan at nmecs.com> wrote:
> > I rather choose to get my ethics (and morals!) from the one whom I
> believe created
> > this life. I believe in a higher power that has granted various rights
> and described how
> > we should interact with others, rather than base my entire life on a
> bunch of feelings.
>
> And how do you justify the evidence that the deity you believe in has
> ordered numerous unethical acts to be carried out in his/her/its name?
>
> Alternately, how do you know that such a being exists?  Is it because
> of incontrovertible facts, or because of "a bunch of feelings"?

All things denote there is a God.   The earth in it's perfect orbit around
the sun.  The solar system in which we live with it's perfect planetary
alignments and revolutions.  The universe with all the galaxies and myriad
solar systems.

   I don't subscribe to the philosophy of 1000 monkeys pounding on 1000
keyboards to create MS Windows.  Which is not unlike the big bang theory,
right?

   -jf