Marriage (How the heck did we get here? Was RE: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Mon Jun 10 15:13:35 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 12:44:59 justin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com> wrote:
> > As such, marriage, in the
> > government's eyes, becomes simply a partnership between two people.
>
> * or more.

The only reasonable reason for the government banning polygamy/bigamy is due
to inheritance issues. Does wife one get everything or wife two? Is it all
split evenly between those wifes and their kids? Etc.

Personally, I say keep the government mostly out of that as well, seeing as
religions defined that long ago. If they want something different than what
the Jews or Mormons or whoever described, they can make a will, just like they
would now.

--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526