Marriage (How the heck did we get here? Was RE: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Mon Jun 10 14:54:50 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Ryan Moore <paniclater at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Well said. It is hard for me to understand why this is such an emotionally
> charged subject for so many. This simple and rational conclusion seems
> quite obvious to me. But then again, I do like kool-aid, gatorade, and
> lemonade. In fact, I like pretty much all the -ades.

I think at this point all of the rational people that disagree with
marriage equality, do so on the basis of branding.  The use of the
word marriage.  They feel it should be reserved only for the religious
kind of marriage, and the legal one should have to pick a new brand.
I understand this feeling.  However, I think it's time to realize that
the current branding of marriage has already been diluted.  The
objections to building marriage into the legal system should have been
made hundreds of years ago.  I think it's way too late.