Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Mon Jun 10 14:36:52 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 04:05:04 PM Daniel C. wrote:
> And how do you justify the evidence that the deity you believe in has
> ordered numerous unethical acts to be carried out in his/her/its name?

As job said;

Job 1:21 -- the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the
Lord.

First of all, these "unethical acts" must be looked at in light of the context. In many
cases these "unethical acts" were done as punishment to a people who completely
rejected God.

Unless you care to give a specific example, I don't have time to explain away every
act in the bible that I think you might consider "unethical".

> Alternately, how do you know that such a being exists?  Is it because
> of incontrovertible facts, or because of "a bunch of feelings"?
>
> -Dan

Very good point. I will concede that point. Though the bible teaches that the Holy
Spirit will confirm with my personal spirit, and I have seen many things that I do not
attribute to coincidence, many teachings in the bible which predate modern
understanding, and the fact that there is a ton of historical evidence that suggests
large parts of the bible are true, I admit that it takes a lot of faith to believe the parts
we do not have physical evidence for. But the bible calls that hope.

And I hope that I'm right.

As Hebrews 11:1 says;

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

That to me means that my faith is a physical thing, the bible calls it a substance and
calls it evidence.

You may call it feelings, I call it faith.

Nathan