Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Nathan Gilbert nathan.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 14:17:19 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Nathan England <nathan at nmecs.com> wrote:

> I can agree with you in the sense that I find it hilarious anyone would
> use science to
> back up their position. Science is in large part unproven theories, just
> as the Bible is
> only a book with little physical evidence it is right.
>
> Regardless, I personally (obviously) have chosen to place my faith in that
> book rather
> than science false so called. You cannot deny it takes as much faith to
> believe a book
> as it does science, especially unproven science.

I think you are conflating the definition of theory in the general
vernacular vs. the definition used in "Science (tm)".

A scientific theory has a lot of evidence supporting it, years or decades
of research with repeatable experiments. It's a false dichotomy to equate
faith with the "Theory of Relativity".