Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Mon Jun 10 14:02:48 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 01:52:14 PM Ryan Moore wrote:
> From wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism#Secular_humanism>:
>
> "Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human
> beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their
> own lives. It stands for the building of a more humane society through an
> ethic based on human and other natural values in the spirit of reason and
> free inquiry through human capabilities. It is not theistic, and it does
> not accept supernatural views of reality."

Good answer. We get our ethics from philosophers.

I rather choose to get my ethics (and morals!) from the one whom I believe created
this life. I believe in a higher power that has granted various rights and described how
we should interact with others, rather than base my entire life on a bunch of feelings.

Because sometimes I get a little pissed off, and my feelings tell me to just beat the
snot out of someone, but my moral compass is guided by something bigger than
myself and says that it would be wrong to just beat someone up.

I really think humanism came about from many people that wanted to deny their
accountability to a creator, but that is just my personal opinion.

Nathan