Marriage (How the heck did we get here? Was RE: Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?)

Doran L. Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Mon Jun 10 13:27:17 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 02:28:54 PM Daniel C. wrote:
> > Government has no place in marriage, that includes regulating it and
> > taxing it or not taxing it.

> Eliminating the legal status of marriage is not possible, nor would it
> be desirable.  When one spouse is incapacitated, the other spouse can
> make medical decisions on his or her behalf.

I agree with Keith that the federal government should just get out of marriage
altogether. Marriage, as it has been traditionally, can be expressed via
legally binding contracts, as Daniel has stipulated. As such, marriage, in the
government's eyes, becomes simply a partnership between two people.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
 "There will be a Moscow Exhibition of Arts by 150,000 Soviet Republic