Did Ed Snowden do the right thing?

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Mon Jun 10 12:33:59 MDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 10:23:49 AM Matthew Frederico wrote:
> It's what we DO that really matters.  So it's time to start asking the
> tough question - what can we do?  And don't tell met "Get involved and
> VOTE" - (insert mtv theme song here) - because that's obviously how we are
> in the situation we are in.  Are we as a citizenry powerless?  I for one
> stand behind all the sloppy whistleblowing because it's doing SOMETHING.
>
> Thoughts?

That is hillarious. I love the (insert mtv theme song here). Just great!

In reality, I really think the "Get involved and VOTE" thing is important, but vote for a
person with real ideas, don't vote for the rockstar who is promising flavored syrup in
the water fountains.

Of course, the conspiracy theorist in me believes that voting is really just a smoke
screen to give the illusion that we have a little control. I am torn whether or not voting
actually does anything. Is there something larger behind it? A group that is controlling
it?

How did we elect a rock star for a president? He promised entitlement programs to a
large group of baby boomers who have grown up on entitlements and to a large
group of college kids who are facing a (very long) future of payments for college loans
and feel entitled because their parents were given so much. It was only natural we
elected the "community organizer" who's never worked over the guy that was saying
go out and get a job and let's rebuild America.

Oh well. Matthew has a good point. At least *this* is doing something. Of course, it's
much harder when you've got a wife and a handful of kids to take care of...

Nathan